Secure Hard Drive & Data Destruction
Computers are an essential part of securing confidential information like employee records, financials, proprietary documents and health data, but there comes a time when this information trail must end. Hard drive failures and the need for more advanced or faster systems are common reasons for the useful life of a computer to be over.
Unfortunately, you can’t simply toss a hard drive in your trashcan and rest assured that it will be safe from data breaches or information theft. The only way to ensure proper destruction of the files stored on your computer hard drive is through a secure data destruction process created by the Department of Defense (D.O.D 5220.22-M and NIST 800-88), which Gilmore Services understands and follows.
Our physical destruction approach proves an effective way to securely destroy and dispose of electronic information including hard drives, CD’s, cell phones or any other digital media at your location.
Here’s what you can expect from partnering with Gilmore Services for your hard drive data destruction:
- A secure mobile unit arrives at your location
- Trained staff members, who have passed high-level security screenings and rigorous background checks, collect all hard drives/ media to be destroyed
- The serial number of each hard drive is documented and information is erased from each disc
- Drives are physically destroyed by shredding, rendering the hard drive/media inoperable
- Your office receives a NAID Certified Certificate of Destruction and services meet Department of Defense Standards as defined in D.O.D 5220.22-M and NIST 800-88
Gilmore’s hard drive destruction services are AAA certified by the National Association for Information Destruction (NAID), which keeps us compliant with data protection laws such as FACTA, HIPAA, and Sarbanes Oxley. Our equipment meets all regulatory standards for Department of Defense.
We understand the importance of protecting your business through complete, secure hard-data removal. Contact us for details on how a hard drive destruction service can keep your business safe. Federal Agencies, please see our GSA contract for pricing.
Let us come to you. We now offer mobile hard drive shredding on site at your business. Ask about our convenient, on-location hard drive shredding services to help keep your business secure and compliant.